Creativity Works Here Program Launches
(posted: Jun 07, 2011)
Creative Alliance Milwaukee, in partnership with The Shops of Grand Avenue, has developed Creativity Works Here, a program designed to foster growth and development in Milwaukee’s creative industry, as well as spur retail growth in The Shops of Grand Avenue.
Creativity Works Here offers the Mall’s resources, namely space, to local creatives and artists, as well as small business owners. Not only does the program offer unique and affordable location options, but with so many varied and talented people under one roof, there is tremendous opportunity to collaborate and share. Through Creativity Works Here, a once powerful retail destination will be transformed into the epicenter of arts, culture and creativity in Milwaukee.
All photos courtesy of Troy Freund, www.TroyFreund.com. Read Troy’s blog about the Open House on June 8.
What is Creativity Works Here?
Creativity Works Here at The Shops of Grand Avenue can best be described as retail space reinvented as a thriving creative eco-system. It is in-line spaces dedicated to presenting quality creatives and small business owners a place in which to teach, work, perform and exhibit their work.
Amenities of The Shops of Grand Avenue
The Shops of Grand Avenue is located between Wisconsin Avenue and Michigan Avenue, from Plankinton Avenue and 4th street in Milwaukee County. This convenient location has an exit directly off of I-43 and 794, with immediate access to I-94 as well. The mall features:
- Milwaukee’s Largest Food Court, on-site 24/7 security which allows 24/7 access to the building
- A downtown, central location with skywalks connecting 9 office buildings, 4 hotels and a convention center
- Retail and service businesses including banks, alterations, barber shops, dry cleaning, floral, convenience items, pharmacy and more
- The mall features a 1,800 space covered parking garage, managed by Impark
- Event equipment is available for loan from The Shops of Grand Avenue. This equipment includes stage, sound system, tables & chairs, podium
- Marketing support is available from The Shops of Grand Avenue. This could involve components such as social media, display of signage throughout the center, and distribution of written materials.
2. Review the Information Application Process if you’re interested.
3. Take a short creative space survey below! We’ll use your feedback to help build out the space.