Next Act Theatre : Development Director
||Next Act Theatre
• Create and implement a calendar of annual fundraising grants, reports and activities
• Execute timely preparation of grant applications and submissions, including research, follow-up and reports
• Cultivate relationships with foundations -- both current funders and new prospects
• Work with Next Act Board of Directors to identify and cultivate new funding sources in foundation and corporate circles
• Coordinate and enhance individual contributions campaign, with an emphasis on stewardship and cultivation: maintain donor base, moves management and seek new support
• Record and acknowledge all donations; maintain donor records and profiles
• Assist in conception and design of direct mail fundraising pieces
• Accumulate data for and create Annual Report
• Provide donors regular updates of company accomplishments and initiatives
• With Board committee, coordinate planning and execution of special events, including
the annual fundraiser Bravo, Next Act!
• Attend all Board and applicable Committee meetings, prepared to make timely reports on fundraising activities
• Be present at a proportionate number of Next Act performances (shared by rest of staff) to serve as company representative. Schedule to be determined.
• Bachelor\'s Degree required, in Non-profit Management, Development and/or PR, or related course of study. Experience in the non-profit administrative or fundraising field preferred. Computer skills required.
• Outstanding writing ability with the capability to encapsulate -- with clarity, passion and persuasiveness – the mission, case for support and specific funding requests.
• Exceptional communicator who is adept in giving voice to the principles, work, mission and case for support to patrons, potential donors and board members.
• Creative, strategic thinker capable of fleshing out ideas into practical plans, as well as enjoying the challenge of solving problems.
• Excellent people skills -- conversant, thoughtful and at ease among a wide variety of patrons, donors and potential donors.
• Strong listening skills - must have a heightened ability for hearing and understanding the needs of others, as these pertain to the support of Next Act and its mission.
• A Passion for the Arts – with a strong belief in the theatre and its value as part of a healthy cultural environment.
• Strong time, project management and organizational skills with the ability to maintain focus on the big picture; be punctual with deadlines with the ability to allow for flexibility as necessary.
Health insurance, vacation/sick/personal days and holidays.