Skylight Music Theatre : Director of Development
||Director of Development
||Skylight Music Theatre
The Director of Development will take a creative and collaborative approach to cultivating and obtaining the contributed financial resources necessary to support the mission of Skylight Music Theatre. He/She is responsible for building a sustainable donor and prospect pipeline to promote increased donor engagement with Skylight’s mission. Working closely with the other members of the senior leadership team, the Director of Development also fills a key strategic role within the organization by helping to define and articulate the strategic priorities of the organization. A commitment to the highest levels of professionalism in the field of development is required. Adherence to the fundraising code of ethics and donor bill of rights along with thorough understanding of fundraising principles are mandatory.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Development Director will successfully:
1. Plan, manage and implement the various fund raising programs of Skylight Music Theatre, including annual campaigns, special events, planned giving programs, participation in UPAF campaigns, as well as special funds, endowment and capital fund raising activities.
2. Develop and execute a departmental operational plan and budget while supporting Skylight’s overall Strategic Plan.
3. Develop and nurture relationships with donors, volunteers, and prospects; create and plan a multi-faceted stewardship program.
4. Cultivate and guide volunteer leadership; attend and support the activities of the Board of Directors and Board of Advocates.
5. Participate in strategic planning and daily strategic decisions of the senior leadership team;
6. Build and maintain relationships with others in the field to augment awareness of philanthropic issues and trends;
7. Work closely with the marketing department to ensure consistency of collateral, promotion of events, and meeting of deadlines. Assist with other projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
The Director of Development reports to the Executive Director, and works closely with other members of the senior leadership team, Board of Directors and Board of Advocates. Supervise the staff of three including the Development Associate, Donor Relations and Special Events Manager and the contracted Grant Writer.
Candidates should have excellent people skills, a sense of humor, energy and drive.
? A Bachelor’s degree is required.
? Six or more years of development experience is preferred.
? Major gifts, endowment and/or capital campaign experience is preferred.
? Superior strategic thinking and planning skills are required.
? Staff, board, donor and volunteer cultivation and management are required.
? Strong written communication skills and clear, concise writing style
? Adherence to the fundraising code of ethics and donor bill of rights along with thorough understanding of fundraising principles are mandatory.
? High computer literacy is required, and Raiser’s Edge experience is appreciated.
? Ability to prioritize and excel at many different tasks in a fast-paced environment is necessary.
? Ability to collaborate effectively and respect the ideas of others is essential.
? Familiarity with the performing arts and performing arts management a plus
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience
Stating date: As soon as possible